Rotary Club of Carmarthen Tywi (no. 28015) – General Data Protection Regulations
(GDPR) Policy, Privacy Statement and Retention and Disposal Policy.
Carmarthen Tywi Rotary club takes the privacy of all our club members, wives and
partners very seriously and respect the rights of every individual with regards to
data protection and privacy. We have detailed below what is expected from the President,
Secretary and every member to safeguard the data that we are trusted with in its
collection, storage, use, sharing, processing and deletion.
We recognise the correct and lawful treatment, together with protecting the confidentiality
and integrity of personal data is a critical responsibility that we take seriously
at all times.
We will adhere at all times to the principles relating to personal data:-
· All data will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
· Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
· Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes
of club business.
· Accurate and up to date – members will have a part to play in ensuring their details
are up to date.
· Ensure its security using technical and organisational measures to protect against
unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
· Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place.
· Members consent will be obtained before any data is used/processed for club activities.
· Members can withdraw their consent to processing personal data at any time and
the data will be deleted accordingly.
· Under no circumstances will the data be used or sold for the purposes of direct
· Data will not be shared with third parties unless they have a need to know the
information under legal requirements.
· The data will be stored properly and securely.
· Members have the right to receive certain information about the processing activities
and access to their personal data held by the officers of the club.
· Members details will be deleted immediately upon cessation of membership for whatever
GDPR - Privacy Notice for members
The club is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
Similarly, members have to be responsible for the data they possess on fellow members
and have a duty and obligation to deal with this information in a responsible manner.
All e-mails relating to club activities must be deleted 12 months from the date of
Personal data will be shared with Rotary Great Britain & Ireland and the Rotary District
(no 1150) as & when necessary.
All members will be asked to complete an annual form declaring their willingness
for their details to be printed in the Club’s booklet and for their e-mail addresses
to be used in group communication and their phone numbers to be used for group texts
and or group WhatsApp.